Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!! The Radiation and Chemotherapy Doth Commence!

Today is a Banner Day as far as my cancer treatment goes. I'm not sure if that's exactly how  I want to characterize that though. I picture king's men riding on regal horses,  carrying banners that say: "June's First Day of Radiation and Chemotherapy" - which would be really long banners, and a horse might trip and hurt himself.

And for some reason, that makes me think about that Monty Python scene from The Holy Grail. (Hey, I wasn't a MP nerd...my  brother, John,  was. I'm just guilty by association...)

After viewing it again, it's still makes me laugh out loud, but I think you should only click on this link if you have already seen the whole movie. Given this context, this may be a new level of "dark humor" for me...


"But I'm not dead yet!"
"You soon will be!"
"I"m happy! I'm happy!"
(Forgive me. I blame it all on my parents, John & Judith Fremer.)

Damn! I'm throwing everybody under the bus today. Look out!

Today, I start my radiation and chemotherapy. I had my "Sim Session" (That's what all the cool kids are calling it. Errr, rather, the nurses and radiation technicians in the office.) Just like I suspected, I didn't get a joy stick  to play with or ANYTHING!  For goodness sake, Mario Brothers on the old gameboy was more fun than this. No, that's not dramatic enough...
The original Atari pong game was even more fun! Seriously. And if you're not old enough to remember that, google that shit. (I'm getting t-shirts made up with that phrase. I swear. And I'm sure that google's legal team won't have a problem with it. In fact, I'm sure they'll thank me and want to order dozens and dozens.)

Okay, I know it looks cool, but trust me on this one....not at all fun.
Have I taught you nothing, Young Grasshopper?

Sure, it probably is pretty cool for the doctor and the technician, but not so much the patient.
 Oh, what's that you say? It isn't intended to be fun but rather to save my life? Ohhhhhh! Well, that's a horse of another color! In that case...Bring it On!!!

I have all my Super Power accoutrements: bracelets and necklaces and Strength & Courage stones, and crystals, and even a flying squirrel. Bring. It. On.

Yesterday, during my "Sim Session", I thought about April & Coffey's wedding and Steven's & My wedding to distract me from The Mask. Aren't weddings the bomb-diggity? Everyone is happy, and people get together that never get together...why do we do that???? I think we should get married a lot more frequently.
April 28, 1990

August 10, 2013
 Or how 'bout this: not wait until someone's wedding to get together??? Doesn't that sound like a plan? (And a lot less expensive, too, I might add...)

"I feel happy! I feel happy!"

P.S. It's the small things in life: it made giggle to create labels for this post, including cancer, braincancer, treatment, radiation, chemotherapy, and Monty Python....

P.P.S. They want us to dress up like a super hero for radiation treatment on Friday. Guess what I'm going as!  DUH!!!

9 comments:

  1. You are a fantastic writer! I always told people...not just Faith, Love and Hope while fighting cancer but HUMOR is a must! That you have in spades... it is great medicine! Good thoughts and prayers always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy! That means a lot coming from a fellow Ninja Warrior! :)

      Delete
  2. You'll take them by surprise when you show up as a Mother F'n Brain Cancer Fighting Ninja Warrior...a super hero or EPIC proportions. They won't know what hit them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mother fucking brain cancer fighting ninja warrior

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you are done with this chemo shit we're gonna make like a wedding and get together. If I can I'm dragging McBride and Hawks with me. We will giggle/swoon over BC, suck down Ninja smoothies and act like its musical season at HoVal in 1982. Or whatever you're up for because it shouldn't be just weddings when people get together. #nobodyfightsalone #MFBCFNW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to add another letter to your acronym: MFBCFNWW: writer. Your writing is fantastic! You go kick that ass, June.

    ReplyDelete