Saturday, November 22, 2014

One Grumpy Ninja

I haven't felt like writing a blog post the past few days. In fact, the last 24 hours, I haven't felt like doing a whole lot of anything -except curling up in a ball in my bed and alternating between napping/sleeping and crying. I don't know what actually pushed my over the edge - half of my hair falling out in huge clumps in my comb, or just starting the fourth week of my chemo/radiation treatment (and the prospect of starting steroids due brain swelling),  or the news that my master teacher when I was a student teacher (and all around amazing woman) found out she had pancreatic cancer this week...but sometimes it's all too much,

 and I just want to say FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK ......

over. and over. and over again.

(I mean, way more than usual, even for me on this blog.)

I was a very Grumpy Ninja.
(Of course, this image exists on the internet.)
Side note: I was very curious about how many "fucks" I could write if this were a movie script before it would be rated R...and it's not as clear cut as I thought (see Wikipedia article "Language" section). I mean, I have not intention of competing with the Wolf of Wall Street with 506 fucks. That would bee excessive in one blog post, don't you think? But I can't guarantee that I won't eventually hit 500+ F words cumulatively...

So, what's a grumpy ninja to do?

Reaching out to fellow Ninja Warriors really did help. I texted with another Ninja Warrior who told me it was okay to take a reprieve from Warrior mode - and prescribed crying, napping and movies. I got wonderful hugs from my master teacher AKA Master Ninja Warrior that also helped. I went for a walk in the rain with Schmoopy and had a good crying session. I watched the first two episodes of Vicious in bed (thank you, Pamela Hawkes!), followed by a warmderful nappy, nappy...

And then I received THIS in the mail (along with some beautiful sparkly bracelets):

A million thank yous, Sharyn! How did you ever know? 
So, I'm sitting here on the sofa, wearing my new classy t-shirt, drinking tea, and watching The Wizard of Oz with Schmoopy, my Brother, and the puppies. And feeling much better.

See! Ninjas can be warm and fuzzy, too!

But really....FUCK CANCER. 
And don't think I won't go all ninja on your ass the next time I see you!

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding shirt! Gayle and I walked the hill in a bit of Raina and a lot of wind. If you ever need a walk and don't have a partner, I'm always game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you found Vicious! I'm not even sure why we have cable anymore when the only watchable TV is on PBS/BBC?
    Yep totally ok to cry, sleep and not be a warrior because I know you will get right back there to continue this exhausting fight. F those grey matter bastards!
    Fight on my ninja warrior friend (after a good movie, though :)
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one classy t shirt. Heh heh.
    Hugh Grant says 'fuck' a lot in "Four Weddings"; its very cute when he says it. Classy, if you will.
    June and Jeanne, hug each other from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{June}}} I've been waiting for it to become that son of a "bitchin', mother fucking asshole bastard cancer, fuck that fucker and the ship it rode in on! Get the fuck out of my face you bastard!".

    ReplyDelete