Monday, August 10, 2015

The One in Which I Say Happy Anniversary!


I was messing around with my timehop app on my phone - if you are not unfamiliar with this app,it snoops around all your social media and pops up mostly pictures - but sometimes also words that you've posted on this date in the past. It's kind of cool to look in the past and be reminded of you were doing or thinking on that day 1, or 2, or even 5 years ago. I've said again and again that I know Big Brother is watching me, so I am not worried about my privacy. If you are still living like a Luddite  and thinking you can protect yourself, good luck with that. I've got some news for you: Pandora is already out of the box and laughing so hard at your ignorance innocence. I've taken a different approach: I try to live a good life, be a good person, and any pictures/actions they can dig up on me are "clean". There are no dirt they can get on me, because I've already shared it. I'm not afraid or ashamed of my actions, so Bring It On!

Anyway...as I was saying before I started birdwalking...
 #freepass ...

Today's timehop app had a picture of Steven pool side at the MGM where we spent a debaucherously (What do you mean, that's not a word? Well, it should be!) good time in Vegas.
The Lazy River at MGM
Continuing scrolling down timehop,  there were several pictures of Coffey & April's wedding 2 Years ago, August 10, 2013...I started scrolling through these, but they're mostly unfocused, behind the scenes, and their professional pictures are way better!  


Getting all prettied up.
This is pretty cool "behind the scenes picture: bride and maid-of-honor signing the marriage certificate!


Then I stopped in my tracks and held my breath as I realized something. I scrolled back to the Vegas picture, and I checked the date and realized that this is the anniversary of my grand mal seizure last year that changed my whole life. August 10th, 2014 3.a.m., and we were back in San Jose. Steven was woken up by me having a full on seizure and calling 9-1-1...he thought that was going to be the worst moment of his life. But he will now tell you that September 24, 2014, I had a craniotomy, and when it was over, and the neurosurgeon told him that it was worse than they thought. Not Grade III, but Grade IV -  It was glioblastoma multiforme." THAT is for sure the worst day moment of his life. [Why the big gap between the first seizure and the start of treatment. Kiddies, that's a story for another time...]

So, the good news is: August 10th still has the honor of being one of the BEST days of our lives, when Steven walked his little girl down the aisle and she started her new life as a wife - now a mother! [And GBM can't take that away from us! Raaawwwwrrrr! #mfbcfnw]




P.S. Apparently (according to timehop), we had a pretty bitchin' time 6 years ago on August 10th, staying in a place on the water and visiting the Monterey Aquarium, but that doesn't even close to August 10th, 2013!

Happy Anniversary, April & Coffey!
I love you! Xoxoxo


2 comments:

  1. NOT to doubt your incredible memory - but if the timing of your seizure was really 3AM (and not before midnight) then it happened on August 11th! Because Coffey and I spent August 10th in Vegas after everyone else left and went out to dinner on our actual anniversary. Dad called me the next day, while we were in the airport shuttle on our way home to Redwood City from the airport, to tell me you had a seizure.

    Thank you for the anniversary wishes! :D GBM ain't got nothing on our memories from that day. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I like your calculations better! :) And I can't wait to have a new family picture with everyone in it - including Autumn! Let's talk about the Christmas break because Nana & Grandpa are looking to do the same thing this year! We need your availability. That sounds like a great time for family pic!!! :)

      Delete